Friday, September 16, 2011

August at MRS

August was a busy month at MRS! We did twice as well as in July, so I guess that is a good sign :) The horses, at this point were all going really well. Everyone had gotten used to the trail rides. Every horse at MRS has his/her job and at this point settled in well doing their work. Midnight and Cheyenne became fantastic trail horses rather quickly. Sunshine definitely turned himself around and started doing really well on trails with children. To this day, he doesn't overly appreciate water, but will go through if myself or Kendra leads him. He is a neat little horse.

Megan one of my advanced students half leased Manny for the summer, so her and her mom Kirsten were seen around the barn quite often. It was a lot of fun this month, there was literally always someone around. The horses enjoyed the attention, especially Harie and Karissa, who are the first to be seen when walking into our barn :)

Tammy, another one of my regulars started at the beginning of this month. She is a whole lot of fun and I enjoy teaching her. It's amazing how much people appreciate the horses, even when they are middle aged and have never sat on one! They really do enjoy it and look forward to coming each week. It gives them something to look forward to, and it makes me feel like my job was well done. At the end of the month, her son also started and he is having a blast too.

We had a few trails this month, with people from all over Canada and even parts of Europe. Frequently I got clients who have lived in Liverpool and since left, but were back to visit. They seem to come every year, so I will have a lot of repeat customers next summer, I hope. Most of these were kids of all ages.

On August 10th, we did a Princess Pony Party. Basically, I dressed Sunshine up for a fun day at MRS. He was an awesome horse, and ironically enough, nobody would have guessed that he would be in any pictures a few months prior to the event. He did a great job! My great friend and photographer Brittany Wentzell, from Wentzell Photography, came out and shot the event. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a blast.

We also had a day camp on the 12th. This was also a lot of fun for the kids and made a few hours go by really quickly.  They learned all about stable management and of course got to go for a ride too.

August was really great. The weather improved so much, the clients were great and the horses were consistent as ever. As far as me, I was pretty exhausted at this point, from the warm(ish) weather. It drains a person quite a bit, running around 24/7. I was looking forward to the fall and the cooler weather :)

Livia

No comments:

Post a Comment